Family physicians and divisions are invited to a workshop hosted by the BC Primary Health Care Research Network (BC-PHCRN) on:
Moving towards a learning health care system in primary care in BC
Friday, March 6, 2020 | 1:30 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront, Vancouver
Registration fee: $75 | Register
Presenters will share their work in supporting learning at the system level for strategic decision-making, and learning at the provider level for practice improvement.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify structures and supports involved in a learning health care system.
- Provide their reflections on these structures in the development of a learning health care system in primary care.
- Incorporating patient reported experiences and outcomes to practice improvements.
- Supporting information sharing capabilities.
- Conducting rapid learning cycles to inform decision-making.
- Co-developing data collection tools.
- Facilitating practice improvements with a provincial coaching and quality improvement framework.
- GPSC’s Practice Support Program (PSP)
- BC Ministry of Health, Primary and Community Care Policy Division
- UBC Innovation Support Unit
- Kootenay-Boundary Division of Family Practice
As space is limited, early registration is encouraged.
BC family physicians who are interested in attending this workshop can request sponsorship from the GPSC.
Sponsorship is also available to one non-family physician delegate per division of family practice; delegates can include division executive directors, project managers, or evaluators.
- workshop registration fee (of $75);
- travel (as per the GPSC expense guidelines), and;
- physician’s time at the workshop (at the sessional rate).
Prior to registration, sponsorship must be requested before March 4, 2020 by emailing the GPSC.
Sponsorship will be confirmed by the GPSC; participants without GPSC confirmation will not be sponsored. Participants who have already registered for the conference can amend their registrations.
For more information about GPSC sponsorship and reimbursement, contact the GPSC.
For questions about the workshop, contact Allison Ezzat.