PSP has streamlined how doctors can receive Mainpro+ credits for participating in quality improvement (QI) activities through the program.
Effective November 1, 2019, changes to PSP’s certification will:
- Offer more Mainpro+ credits for QI activities.
- Offer more flexible support.
- Align with PSP’s updated compensation policy.
Through the completion PSP’s QI cycle, family doctors can earn up to 45 certified Mainpro+ credits (three credits per hour, for 1 to 15 hours). Eligible activities can include:
- In-practice visits with a PSP team member and/or peer mentor.
- Participation in PSP learning opportunities.
- Use of PSP data tools.
This refreshed process replaces existing certification of PSP learning opportunities, the GPSC PMH Assessment, and the GPSC Patient Experience Tool. Doctors currently participating in these services before November 1, 2019 will not be affected. It will not replace the current certification of activities related to the Phases of Panel Management.