Panel Development Incentive
The Panel Development Incentive recognizes the time and effort that family doctors and their practice teams take to identify their active patients, develop patient registries, and establish new processes for providing planned proactive care to respond to patients’ chronic and preventative care needs.
*Claim forms two and three are available
As of June 10, 2019, the PDF version
- Payment 1 ($2,000) can be claimed after eligible family doctors commit to completing phase one, two, and three of the Phases of Panel Management within 12 months after claiming payment 1 of the Incentive.
- Payment 2 ($1,000) can be claimed after eligible family doctors complete phase one and two of the Phases of Panel Management.
- Payment 3 ($3,000) can be claimed after eligible family doctors complete phase three of the Phases of Panel Management.
Contact email@example.com for support with the Panel Development Incentive and its payment claim forms.
For support with panel management, doctors can access in-practice supports, including coaching and EMR-based tools by contacting a PSP Regional Support Team.
To be eligible for the Panel Development Incentive, doctors must:
- Be a full-service family physician* providing longitudinal general practice care to patients in BC.
- Use an EMR system to manage patient information in the clinic where panel management is undertaken.
- Demonstrate commitment to the patient medical home by completing the GPSC PMH Assessment in the 12 months prior to claiming the incentive. The GPSC PMH Assessment is an electronic assessment that highlights practice strengths and suggests opportunities for improvements, in relation to the 12 PMH attributes. To request access to the GPSC PMH Assessment, please contact a PSP Regional Support Team.
- Commit to completing phase one, two, and three of the Phases of Panel Management in the 12 months after claiming payment 1 of the incentive.
Each eligible family doctor can claim the Panel Development Incentive only once.
Doctors who have already completed some or all of the Phases of Panel Management with PSP support are eligible to receive the incentive, less any sessional payments claimed for PSP supported panel work occurring after September 11, 2018, and provided that the incentive eligibility requirements noted above have been met.
*The GPSC defines a “full-service family physician” as the family physician who provides continuous comprehensive care to his/her patients and takes responsibility for the coordination of care needs for these patients.
Eligible family doctors must complete and submit a claim form to request Incentive payment.
The below claim forms must be submitted in the following sequence:
- Payment Claim Form 1: Eligibility and Commitment
- Payment Claim Form 2: Phase 1 and 2 Completion*
- Payment Claim Form 3: Phase 3 Completion*
To confirm completion of phase one, two, and three of the Phases of Panel Management, doctors must submit sections of their completed Panel Management Workbook. Once submitted, the Workbook will be reviewed for completion by GPSC staff. Doctors may be contacted by GPSC staff if additional information or clarification is needed. Please refer to the downloadable FAQs for tips on how to complete the Workbook.
*Claim forms two and three are available for doctors who are submitting the PDF version of the Panel Management Workbook. Doctors using the online version of the Workbook can submit claim forms two and three from within the Workbook.
As of June 10, 2019, the PDF version is no longer available. To access a unique URL to their online Workbook, doctors must submit Incentive claim form one.