April 17 update: The spring webinar series was postponed and new dates will be made available soon.
After a successful first year, the GPSC will continue to offer its billing education webinars about GPSC incentive fees and select MSP fees for all family physicians.
Below are descriptions of the webinars, the new scheduled dates will be made available soon.
Physicians are encouraged to join the live, scheduled webinars to receive information that is up-to-date information, advice that is relevant, and opportunities for real-time engagement. Webinars are not recorded.
In advance of a session, registrants will be provided details on what to expect and how to participate during the session.
Session 1: MSP Basics – Introduction to Billing for Family Practice
Aimed at new-to-practice family physicians, and of interest to all family physicians, this session is designed as an introduction to family practice billing and will cover content including:
- General Preamble review
- Basic billing rules
- Basic visit (00100 series)
- Complete physical (00101)
- Counseling (00120)
- House calls
Session 2: GPSC Billing Part 1
- GPSC Preamble overview
- GPSC Portal & Locum portal (14070, 14071)
- Overview of responsibilities for Most Responsible Provider as per GPSC preamble
- Communicating with patients (14076, 14078, 14023)
- Conferencing about patients (14077, 14018, 13005)
- Advice to another provider (13005, 14019, 14021, 14022)
Session 3: GPSC Billing Part 2
- Complex Care (14033, 14075)
- Chronic Disease Management (14050, 14051, 14052, 14053)
Session 4: GPSC Billing Part 3
- Prevention/Personal Health Risk Assessment (14066)
- Mental Health (14043, 14044, 14045, 14046, 14047, 14048)
- Palliative Care (14063)
- Recap of definitions and what can be done face-to-face vs. non face-to-face
Session 5: GPSC Billing Part 4
Aimed at family physicians working in teams, including family physicians who are part of primary care networks, this cumulative session reviews content covered in sessions one through four, as well as:
- Billing in Team Based Care Environments
- Delegation & Communication
Session 6: Case-based exercises
Participants in this session will be led through more challenging, complex family practice billing scenarios. This cumulative session includes all content covered in sessions one through five, including all GPSC incentives and relevant MSP fees covered to-date.