The GPSC's Residential Care Initiative covers 99.4% of the eligible 30,000 long-term care beds (both public and private). The initiative is designed to address this challenge by enabling physicians to develop local, scalable, and sustainable solutions that target to meet the following five best practice expectations and three system-level outcomes:
- 24/7 availability and on-site attendance when required
- Proactive visits to residents
- Meaningful medication reviews
- Completed documentation
- Attendance at case conferences
- Reduced unnecessary or inappropriate hospital transfers
- Improved patient/provider experience
- Reduced cost/patient as a result of a higher quality of care
With the GPSC’s commitment of up to $12m annually since 2015, the initiative has local projects led by almost all divisions. Click here for early results from five divisions who prototyped the initiative, which began in 2011 through the Ministry of Health.
Click here for GPSC incentives that support doctors and participating divisions of family practices.
Read more about how doctors and local divisions are improving care for one of BC’s most vulnerable populations.
For related resources, additional information or for inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.