Education webinar series
The GPSC hosts three series of six webinar sessions about billing GPSC incentive fees and select MSP fees. Series are offered in winter, summer, and fall.
Click here for the latest webinar details, including dates and registration links.
Led by physician educators, the 90-minute webinar sessions help family physicians to increase confidence when billing, better support appropriate billing, improve understanding about fee rules, and bill for all eligible services.
Physicians are encouraged to join the live, scheduled webinars to receive information that is up-to-date information, advice that is relevant, and opportunities for real-time engagement. Webinars are not recorded.
Content details for each webinar session
Session 1: MSP Basics – Introduction to Billing for Family Practice | Tuesday, September 15, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. | Register
Aimed at new-to-practice family physicians, and of interest to all family physicians, this session is designed as an introduction to family practice billing and will cover content including:
- General Preamble review
- Basic billing rules
- Basic visit (00100 series)
- Complete physical (00101)
- Counseling (00120)
- Telehealth and COVID-19
- House calls
Session 2: GPSC Billing Part 1 | Tuesday, October 6, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. | Register
- GPSC Preamble overview
- GPSC Portal & Locum portal (14070, 14071)
- Overview of responsibilities for Most Responsible Provider as per GPSC Preamble
- Communicating with patients (14076, 14078, 14023)
- Conferencing about patients (14077, 14018, 13005)
- Advice to another provider (13005, 14019, 14021, 14022)
Session 3: GPSC Billing Part 2 | Tuesday, October 27, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. | Register
- Complex Care (14033, 14075)
- Chronic Disease Management (14050, 14051, 14052, 14053)
Session 4: GPSC Billing Part 3 | Thursday, November 12, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. | Register
- Prevention/Personal Health Risk Assessment (14066)
- Mental Health (14043, 14044, 14045, 14046, 14047, 14048)
- Palliative Care (14063)
- Recap of definitions and what can be done face-to-face versus non face-to-face
Session 5: GPSC Billing Part 4 | Tuesday, November 24, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. | Register
Aimed at family physicians working in teams, including family physicians who are part of primary care networks, this cumulative session reviews content covered in sessions one through four, as well as:
- Billing in Team Based Care Environments
- Delegation & Communication
Session 6: Case-Based Exercises | Wednesday, December 9, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. | Register
Participants in this session will be led through more challenging and complex family practice billing scenarios. This cumulative session includes all content covered in Sessions 1 to Session 5, including all GPSC incentives and relevant MSP fees covered to-date.
Billing experts can help family physicians:
- Triage billing issues and inquiries to find the person best able to answer the concern.
- Accurately interpret fee rules (within the larger context of other fee items).
- Reduce missed or rejected billings.
- Prevent inappropriate billing practices.
- Forward unresolved billing issues and enquiries to the appropriate higher levels as necessary for resolution.
For questions about GPSC fees, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.