GPSC Billing Education Webinar Series | Spring 2021
All family doctors are invited to join a six-part webinar series about billing GPSC fees that will focus on:
- Increasing confidence when billing GPSC fees.
- Better understanding appropriate billing.
- Better understanding of fee rules.
- Ensuring comprehensive billing for all services.
These live webinars, led by physician billing educators, will provide up-to-date information, relevant advice, and real-time discussion.
GPSC Billing Tips
Learn more about office procedures and counselling codes in
Spring series: For physicians/residents only
Session 1: MSP Basics – Introduction to Billing for Family Practice | Thursday, March 11 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. | Webinar recording
Aimed at new-to-practice family physicians, and of interest to all family physicians, this session is designed as an introduction to family practice billing and will cover content including:
- General Preamble review
- Basic billing rules
- Basic visit (00100 series)
- Complete physical (00101)
- Counseling (00120)
- Telehealth and COVID-19
Session 2: GPSC Billing Part 1 | Thursday, April 8 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. | Webinar recording
- GPSC Preamble overview
- CLFP Portal, Locum Portal and Long Term Care Portal (14070, 14071, 14072)
- Overview of responsibilities for Most Responsible Provider as per GPSC Preamble
- Communicating with patients (14076, 14078, 14023)
- Conferencing about patients (14077, 14018, 13005)
- Advice to another provider (13005, 14019, 14021, 14022)
Session 3: GPSC Billing Part 2 | Thursday, April 29 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. | Webinar recording
- Complex Care (14033, 14075)
- Chronic Disease Management (14050, 14051, 14052, 14053)
Session 4: GPSC Billing Part 3 | Thursday, May 13 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. | Webinar recording
- Prevention/Personal Health Risk Assessment (14066)
- Mental Health (14043, 14044, 14045, 14046, 14047, 14048)
- Palliative Care (14063)
- Recap of definitions and what can be done face-to-face versus non face-to-face
Session 5: Case-Based Exercises | Thursday, June 3 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. | Register
Participants in this session will be led through more challenging and complex family practice billing scenarios. This cumulative session includes all content covered in Sessions 1 to Session 4, including all GPSC incentives and relevant MSP fees covered to-date.
Session 6: GPSC Team Based Care | Thursday, June 17 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. | Register
Aimed at family physicians working in teams, including family physicians who are part of primary care networks, this cumulative session reviews content covered in sessions one through four, as well as:
- Billing in Team Based Care Environments
- Delegation & Communication
Fall series: For physicians/residents and support staff
The second series will be held in fall 2021, with tentative dates as follows:
- September 9
- September 23
- October 7
- October 21
- November 4
- November 18
The GPSC billing support team can help family physicians:
- Clarify billing questions or connect physicians to appropriate resources or contacts.
- Accurately interpret fee rules (within the larger context of other fee items).
- Reduce missed or rejected billings.
- Prevent inappropriate billing practices.
- Escalate unresolved billing issues and enquiries to appropriate bodies for consideration and resolution.
For questions about GPSC fees, contact email@example.com.