Family doctors who have completed panel management are eligible for a new $1,000 GPSC payment if they enrol in HDC Discover and complete the orientation in the web based application. The payment supports family doctors to utilize the application to make data-informed quality improvements in their practices. HDC Discover is a is a physician-led web based application that supports quality improvement in primary care. As more physicians use the application, communities and family doctors will increasingly be able to conduct primary care network planning and make data-informed decisions on a local or regional level. This payment is the latest step the GPSC is taking to support family doctors and the care they offer to their patients. Read the grants and payments page for more details on GPSC supports.
The GPSC created the HDC Discover Payment to leverage its investment in data and tools, like HDC Discover, to enable the broad use of quality improvement activities in family practices across BC. Supporting family doctors and teams in learning how to pull and analyze data to improve patient care is critically important to the success of primary care transformation.
As the GPSC gathers feedback from this program, platforms and tools in addition to HDC Discover may be considered for similar payments.
Why use HDC Discover?
HDC Discover helps family doctors to:
- Better understand their patient population and patterns of practice on its own or as it compares to their clinic and larger community.
- Explore data-informed learning based on the doctor’s interests in a safe, secure environment that maintains confidentiality for the doctor and patients.
- Share and see progress with colleagues if desired.
- Inform valuable discussions with their practice coaching team in partnership with the Practice Support Program, as well as the peer mentoring program.
- Implement practice improvements and provide data-informed care to patients.
- See improvements in patient care over time with HDC’s automatic data transfer and reporting features.
Am I eligible for the payment?
To be eligible for the payment, family doctors must:
- Complete all phases of panel management.
- Use an eligible electronic medical records (EMR) system.*
- Enrol the clinic in HDC Discover (requires sign-off from the clinic lead).
- Participate in an introductory session with an HDC or GPSC representative using the clinics data in HDC Discover.
*Eligible EMR’s: MedAccess, Wolf, most versions of Oscar, Intrahealth Profile and MOIS.
How do I apply for the payment?
Eligible family doctors who have completed the phases of panel management will receive an email instructing them to complete the steps below to apply for this payment:
- The form will be emailed to eligible family doctors.
- A GPSC representative will reach out by email to begin the next steps.
- Enrol practice in HDC Discover. Skip this step if the practice is already enrolled.
- Participate in an orientation session with an HDC or GPSC representative using the clinics HDC Discover data.
- Receive the HDC Discover Payment from GPSC.
Steps one to three must be completed before March 30, 2022 to be eligible for this payment.
How do I enrol in panel management training?
To enrol in panel management training, family doctors can submit the online panel management commitment form. There are three phases to panel management and each phase could take up to 15 hours of physician or staff time to complete. The total time commitment may be up to 12 months. The process is certified for three Mainpro+ credits per hour and is compensated at sessional rates. More details can be found on the GPSC website.
Questions on panel management can be sent to email@example.com.
How do I enrol my clinic in HDC Discover?
Family doctors who want to enrol their clinic in HDC Discover, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and city. An HDC representative will be in touch shortly.
When registration is complete, an HDC representative will begin working with the clinic to connect the clinic’s EMR to HDC and enable the flow of data.
Will other data or quality improvement platforms be considered for this payment?
The HDC Discover Payment is a starting point for the GPSC supporting quality improvement activities. As the GPSC gathers feedback from the program, platforms and tools in addition to HDC Discover may be considered for similar payments.
Questions can be sent to email@example.com.